Information for EMXC Youth Coaches
- NENSA’s BKL Resource Page. A wonderful collection of resources, including the newly edited BKL Youth Ski League Manual (a treasure trove of useful information), and links to many helpful videos.
- Nordic Ski Lab. This is a subscription service with well narrated technique videos for beginners through advanced skiers. There are also FREE videos available, which are geared for beginners, including a wonderful collection of game ideas for coaching children.
- SkiTube by Skiku. 13 episodes (thus far) from Skiku, an organization that promotes cross country skiing in Alaska. These are fun and well done.
Still hungry for more? Check out these links...
- USSA L100 Technique Clinic teaches the following progression drills.
- Additional coaching videos that demonstrate EMXC Youth basic progression.
- Youth XC ski instruction 1: Introduction and dryland skate progression
- Youth XC ski instruction 2: Skate progression: no-poles skiing
- Youth XC ski instruction 3: Skate progression: V2-alternate
- Youth XC ski instruction 4: Skate progression: V2
- Youth XC ski instruction 5: Skate progression: drills for V2 and V2-alternate
- Youth XC ski instruction 6: Skate progression: V1 and V1 drills
- Youth XC ski instruction 7: Classic progression: dryland preparation
- Youth XC ski instruction 8: Classic progression: scooter drill and no-poles skiing
- Youth XC ski instruction 9: Classic progression: striding with poles, double pole, and double-pole kick