EMXC COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy
Updated October 29, 2022
If you have any questions about EMXC COVID-19 policy, please contact a member of our Health and Safety Committee: email@example.com. Health and Safety policies are updated in accordance with current events, and are subject to revision and modification at any point during the season.
All EMXC participants must read and follow safety measures and protocols to minimize the risk of transmitting COVID-19 among members of the EMXC community. EMXC protocols comply with MA DPH, CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics guidance and are informed by USSA COVID-19 policy. When registering for EMXC programs, all parents must acknowledge that they have read our EMXC COVID-19 Safety Policy and sign the EMXC Release of Liability.
All EMXC athletes, in both the Youth and Juniors programs, are strongly encouraged to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations.
COVID-19 ILLNESS, EXPOSURE AND RETURN TO PRACTICE
Participants who have SYMPTOMS of COVID-19 infection
- Test for COVID-19 (rapid antigen test or PCR).
- Return to practice if COVID-19 negative once fever free for 24 hrs and with improvement in symptoms.
- Read EMXC’s general illness policy for additional information.
Participants who TEST POSITIVE for COVID-19
- Return to practice* once you are out of isolation, fever-free for 24 hrs (without the use of fever-reducing medications), and have an improvement in all symptoms. In addition, a negative antigen test is requiredif you return to practice before day 10 (day 0 is the date of symptom onset or positive test, whichever is earlier).
- If returning to practice before day 10, wear a mask during any indoor gathering or event through day 10. Masks are not required during outdoor practice.
*Parents/guardians are strongly encouraged to follow the American Academy of Pediatrics Return to Sports and Physical Activity guidance following COVID-19 infection. EMXC will not monitor or collect clearance documentation. Obtaining clearance prior to return to practice is the responsibility of the athlete and their parent/guardian.
Participants who are CLOSE CONTACTS of an individual with COVID-19
- May participate in EMXC practice.
- Wear a mask during any indoor practices or events through day 10 of your most recent exposure.
- You are not required to notify a member of the health and safety team if you were in close contact with an individual with COVID-19.
- Mask requirements in the event of illness or exposure are outlined above.
- EMXC fully supports all parents and participants who choose to wear masks when not otherwise required.
- Participants should follow and respect local mask guidelines and policies when traveling out of state or country.
- Isolation and Quarantine Guidance
- COVID-19 Immunization